Sometimes a morning walk, afternoon break, or evening activity is welcomed when spending a few days in the parks. Here are a few ideas on how to break up your resort days, stay out of the heat, and enjoy some new activities for guests staying on property.
- Get Up & Go Power Walk – This brisk early morning walk steps off at 7:00 am and is a 1 mile loop through California Adventure. This is complimentary and available for guest 14 and up accompanied by an adult. Available for guests staying at any one of the three Disneyland Resort Hotels. See the front desk at your hotel for sign up.
- Magical Night at the Movies – Movies under the stars, bring some drinks and snack and enjoy an outdoor movie with the family. Available for guests staying at all three of the Disneyland Resort Hotels and complimentary. Check with the front desk for a schedule of showings and times at your hotel during your stay.
- Fitness Fusion – A 1 hour non-impact outdoor workout promoting balance, flexibility and strength. Located at the outdoor fireplace at the Grand Californian. Available for guests staying at all three of the Disneyland Resort Hotels. This is complimentary and available for guest 14 and up accompanied by an adult. Reservations are required, please see guest services for booking details.
- Happiest Hotel on Earth Tour – Tour the Disneyland Hotel on this 1 hour walking tour through time and history. Complimentary for all guests staying at any one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels. Recommended for guests 14 and up, contact guests services for information on booking.
- Art of Craft Tour – Tour Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel behind the scenes and get some insite on the many different artifacts and hand crafted art that are found within the hotel lobby and dining locations. This tour is one hour long, complimentary and available for guests staying at all three of the Disneyland Resort Hotels. Check with guest services for booking.
- Tales From the Hearth – Story time in the Grand Californian lobby is available various times throughout the day, no need to be a hotel guest just check with guests services for times. Drop in for a wildlife story and adventure from one of the great storytellers.
- Disney’s Princess Story Time – Great for little princesses to meet their favorite story book character. Check with guests services at your Disneyland Resort hotel for times and locations.
- Learn to Draw Mickey Class – Enjoy a small instructional class on how to draw everyone’s favorite mouse. Check with guest services at your Disneyland Resort hotel for times and locations.
- Washcloth Creations – Learn how to make fun animals and other creations from the in house experts. Check with guest services at your Disneyland Resort hotel for times and locations.
- Trivia Challenges – Want to test your Disney knowledge? Pick up one of the four trivia kits at guests services inside your Disneyland Resort hotel and head into Disneyland Park to find your answers. One you have finished your challenge head back to guest services for a surprise gift. Different kits are subject to change but may include: A Pirate’s Life For Me. “It’s A Small World”, Ariel’s Undersea Adventure and Trader Sam’s Jungle Trivia Challenge. Complimentary and available for guests staying at all three of the Disneyland Resort Hotels
- The Grand Quest – Take an interactive, engaging expedition through Disney’s Grand Californian hotel on this exciting scavenger hunt. Recommended for families with children 3-12 uncover clues and secrets that will earn young explorers a special treat upon completion. No reservation is required, Disneyland Resort Hotel guests just need to check in with guest services to receive their instructions and away they go!
Hopefully this will help some of you to make a change and stay on property for your next vacation to Disneyland. Or for others who regularly stay on property, maybe these are some perks you never knew were offered. Disney really does a great job of making guests feel immersed in the magic in my opinion and I love sharing their special touches any chance I can get. Here’s to long summer days and cool summer nights at the Disneyland Resort! Contact your local travel agent for information on how to book your next stay.
However you travel, be safe and do it well.
**All information subject to change see Guest Services at your Disneyland Resort Hotel for up to date times, booking information and participation requirements.**