According to entertainment schedules here is what going on inside Disneyland on July 17th. We are hoping for more info as the week progresses.
Guests are encouraged to show their 1955 Disney Side dressing the part. Much like Dapper Days, a similar non-Disney sponsored event that happens about twice a year. Join in and take a step back in time to feel what it was like on opening day in 1955. For more info click here.
Other happenings on July 17th include a celebration moment hosted by Michael Colglazier in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. There will also be a pre-parade honoring cast members both current and original 1955 before Mickey’s Soundsational Parade.
10 a.m. Celebratory Moment hosted by Disneyland Resort president Michael Colglazier. This will take place in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. There ceremony will also be broadcast on video screens set up in Town Square, Frontierland, near its a small world, Carthay Circle, the resort hotels, and in front of ESPN Zone.
4:14 p.m. Special “pre-parade moment” before Mickey’s Soundsational Parade. This cavalcade will honor original 1955 cast members, and current Disneyland Resort cast members.
Additional special entertainment and offerings:
- There will be six special 1955-themed photo locations set up for the event. Locations are in Critter Country, Tomorrowland, Big Thunder Trail, Mickeys Toontown, Hollywood Land, and near the Grizzly Peak waterfall.
- Two 1950’s dance parties are scheduled – Tomorrowland Terrace from 7 11:30 p.m. and Carthay Circle from 6 10:30 p.m.
- The two final Diamond Celebration photo locations will be unveiled.
- July 17th is the first day of performances for the new Disneyland Band. Their Main Street sets are 11:30 a.m.; 12:30 p.m., 1:45 p.m. and 3:05 p.m.
- A third performance of World of Color Celebrate has been added for July 17. Showtimes are now 9:00 p.m., 10:15 p.m. and 11:15 p.m.
- The second performance of Paint the Night has been moved from 10:45 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. on July 17. The first performance is still scheduled for 8:50 p.m.
- There is only one performance of the Disneyland Forever fireworks scheduled. 9:30 p.m. on Friday.
Photo provided by: Danielle Ernest