Things are bustling around the resort, as Star Wars Land is under construction, and Disney has continues with new in-park offerings. Among the many attractions, here are 10 things not to miss:
At Disney California Adventure Park
- The new live “Frozen”musical premieres in late spring 2016, immersing audiences in the emotional journey of Anna and Elsa with all of the excitement of live theater. The entertaining musical adaptation will include elaborate costumes and sets, stunning special effects, show-stopping production numbers and some unique theatrical surprises. The show will play at the Hyperion Theater.
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters Attraction, debuting soon at Casa Della Tires in Cars Land, is rolling with fun as Luigi’s cugini (cousins) have come from Carsoli, Italy, to help celebrate Race Day in Radiator Springs. Park guests join in the fun by hopping aboard miniature Italian roadsters, in the style of late 1950s micro cars. The cars perform the traditional dances of their village, moving to upbeat music and Luigi’s singing in a precision-choreographed dance across what appears to be a trackless “dance floor.” Each car has its own routine, so guests will enjoy different ride experiences depending on which car they board!
At Disneyland Park
- Star Wars Launch Bay invites guests to visit a Star Wars-themed cantina, discover authentic replicas of film props, and encounter Star Wars characters such as Chewbacca from the light side, and Kylo Ren from the dark side.
- The Star Wars-themed transformation of Space Mountain into Hyperspace Mountain thrusts guests into an X-wing Starfighter battle as they race through the darkness. This experience is enhanced by a new soundtrack, inspired by the Star Wars films’ musical themes and re-orchestrated to match every move in the attraction.
- At Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, guests encounter a new adventure and characters from “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” while journeying aboard a Starspeeder 1000.
- Guests will relive stories from the Star Wars saga – or discover them for the first time – through the short “Star Wars: Path of the Jedi” film which connects iconic scenes from the films in fun new ways.
- The popular interactive show “Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple” has been re-imagined with Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from the popular Disney XD series “Star Wars Rebels.”
- As preparations begin in 2016 for a new Star Wars-themed land, guests will enjoy unique limited-time opportunities to experience some of their favorite attractions in new ways. While the Disneyland Railroad is temporarily closed, guests at the Main Street and New Orleans Square Train Stations will be able to get up-close with the historic steam engines that have circled Disneyland park for decades and learn about them firsthand from Disneyland Railroad engineers. Limited-time experiences for the Mark Twain Riverboat and Sailing Ship Columbia will debut throughout the year.
- Super Hero fans will have their own special encounters at Super Hero HQ. They’re invited to learn more about their favorite Super Heroes, such as Thor and Spider-Man, and meet some of them in person.
- The stunning entertainment found every year at the Disneyland Resort is now even more dazzling, with three nighttime spectaculars that are part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, continuing through Sept. 5, 2016. Make sure you don’t miss “Disneyland Forever”, “World of Color- Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney”, and nighttime parade spectacular,“Paint the Night!”